Happy 2018 hotties!!!! I hope you had a wonderful time waving 2017 goodbye and welcoming in the new year. If you are anything like me (or anyone in America) you probably rang in the new year with friends, treats, and drinks. Then the next morning you followed that with a bunch of greasy food and moving as little as possible. No? Just me? Yeah right.
I am all about healthy choices as often as possible but I also like to have a life. So, sometimes I get a little wild and I need to do some detoxing to get back on track. Also, what better way to welcome the new year than with some healthy tricks to get your bod detoxed and fresh? Here are 5 tips to get back on track after a wild night out:
- Drink enough water to flood a small country. Like all day. We have covered this. Get some lemon in there or sprinkle in some ginger to get added detox benefits as a bonus. But seriously, drink a lot of water.
- Have a detox smoothie for breakfast. A personal fave for me would be:
- 1 banana
- 1 cucumber
- a handful of spinach
- a teaspoon of ground ginger
- a tablespoon of chia seeds
- a tablespoon of ground flax seed
- a cup of coconut or almond milk
This will reset your digestive system and clear out the naughties.
3. Take a detox bath. A good way to do this is to dump about a cup of Epsom salt into a tub of hot water and add a couple tablespoons coconut oil in there as well. This will help you sweat out toxins and the salt/oil combo helps pull them out through your skin. My favorite Epsom salt is Dr. Teals. It already has added essential oils for more bonus detoxing!
4. Drink green tea. This helps regulate your metabolism and also get rid of excess bloating. Plus it is mostly water so you are also fulfilling tip #1. Just make sure you peek at the ingredients and get one that is just green tea and doesn’t have any added sugars or question marks.
5. Get in a good work out. This is another one that helps you sweat out that naughty stuff. It also helps you power through that groggy gross feeling you get after a wild night out. I tend to lean towards a good long cardio sesh because that is when I sweat the most but if I can at least convince you to move somehow I would be happy.
I employed all of these babies today to make sure I was getting back on track as soon as possible. Even if you didn’t partake in a wild night out, doing these tricks really helps get back in balance. I want to feel good and look good and just be overall confident in myself this year. I am still working on contentedness and I think that is a theme that will drive me in 2018. What are some ways you detox your body (and for that matter, your mind too)?