I have been seeing kombucha pop up all over the place now on Instagram with girls that have health and wellness related profiles and also I have seen it being sold more and more in health food stores. I had tried it a few times and while I wasn’t wild about the taste I was happy to be drinking something that was good for me. But then I got to thinking, whyyy is it good for me? So, I did the research for you and here ya go!
Kombucha is just a fancy term for fermented tea. Once the tea is fermented it actually becomes carbonated (yeah, don’t shake the bottle, learned that the hard way..) and has vinegar, b-vitamins, enzymes, probiotics, and a high concentration of acid (the good kind). All of these things lead to helping your bod with:
- Improved Digestion (thanks to the probiotics)
- Weight Loss (thanks to the polyphenols and acids)
- Increased Energy (thanks to the enzymes and B vitamins)
- Cleansing and Detoxification (thanks to the acids and probiotics)
- Immune Support (thanks to the antioxidants)
- Reduced Joint Pain (thanks to the glucosamine)
- Cancer Prevention (thanks again, once more, to the acid)
So, see, it’s science. All of these things just add up to balancing your bod and keeping things in check. There are lots of different kinds of kombucha and brands but my favorite is the Synergy brand in the Trilogy flavor. It is a taste you might need to get used to but once you know all the good stuff inside, I think its a lot easier to drink it.
You can find more details on kombucha and even directions on how to make it yourself over here.