I am a goer. I like to go and do and see. While I enjoy the seasons that Minnesota has to offer all year, summer is hands down my favorite. That means I like to make sure it is PACKED with things to do so that I don’t lay around wasting it away (although, laying around in the sun doesn’t really sound too bad either). Here are some things that I want to make sure I cross off my summer bucket list for 2016 with the time that I have left, maybe some of these will inspire you too!
- I always feel like there is so much that goes into planning a camping getaway. It seems daunting and then I remember that I love planning! Just pick the weekend, pick the place, and the rest will come together. Make it for one night if you feel like a whole weekend would be too much outdoorsy time.
- Tennis is a perfect activity to get your body moving and get outside, particularly if you have someone to join you! Also, most courts are free to use which is a nice bonus.
Attend a baseball game.
- Technically I have already crossed this off my list by attending a Twins game and a Brewers game in 2016 but I love baseball so it is staying on here. A cheaper alternative to a professional game but with a similar atmosphere is going to a local minor league game. I intend to go to a Saint Paul Saints game this year to check out their new stadium. Always check Groupon to see if they have any deals for the ball games!
Go to a drive-in movie.
- Such a vintage classic date night. Look to see if there is one in your area! Just grab some blankies, snacks, and some friends!
- This is also something I have done a couple of times this year already but I am not quite ready to check it off the bucket list. This is especially easy for us in Minnesota, we are the land of the 10,000 lakes after all! And you don’t need a boat. Fishing can be just as fun and relaxing from the shore. Again, with blankies and snacks.
Go to the zoo.
- In this area we are fortunate to have a couple of zoos to choose from! Even better, the closest one to me is also free to get in, how cool is that?! They do accept donations as well so you can contribute in that way.
- Another awesome outdoor and active adventure to keep your body moving! This requires balance and core control. I recommend checking out Groupon again for any local deals.
- I am a terrible golfer. But anything that gets me outside and gets my body moving is good in my book. Just make sure you go with someone that has a lot of patience if you don’t have much skill like this girl.
Thanks for reading my very first post! As a thank you here is a link free watermelon PDF printable that I painted with water color with all this summer inspiration I had going in my brain! Link below.