I wanted to share the recipe for an awesome green smoothie I sort of made up this week! Pretty much all of my smoothies are made up because I just toss whatever I have on hand in a blender and hope for the best. But this time I actually tried a little harder so that I could share with you guys a real recipe! To be honest, I still didn’t actually use measuring cups or teaspoons but I definitely eyeballed it and that has to be close to accurate.
Here it goes:
- Half an avocado
- Half a mango (I buy frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe’s)
- A handful of spinach (I also buy frozen spinach, so I used about a half cup of frozen chopped spinach)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoons of hemp protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- Half a cup of unsweetened almond milk
I also get my hemp protein powder from Trader Joes. The protein helps keep you satisfied for longer. The chia seeds offer protein too! As well as fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3s. Flax seeds also have like a billion benefits, rather than summarizing I will just point you to this article so you can read up on it yourself. I try to sneak chia seeds and flax seeds into a lot of my food because they don’t offer much for flavor but their nutrition benefits have such an impact for such little seeds! Give this green guy a try and let me know how it goes! It’s perfect for breakfast on the go or packing a lot of nutrients into a meal.